Wednesday, January 25, 2012


A rule that I try hard to live by while I'm organizing:
  1. Have a place for everything! If something you own doesn’t have a place to be stored, it will always be out of place and causing clutter. Everything needs a home that is easily accessible so you can find it when you need it.
  I love that the rule includes to make sure that what you put away should be "easily accessible".  I think we all keep our dishes in the kitchen and not in the garage, right? Why? because that is where we use them!  of course! haha  Well, I say that works for everything.  My kids do most of their coloring or crafts on the kitchen table, so it did not work for me to keep these things down the hallway because I am lazy and would not walk down the hall to put them away. Instead, they would sit out on the table or counter for days!  Solution? I made space for those things in one of the kitchen cabinets! Never had a problem since!  I went to take a picture of this cabinet and noticed it had become a little messy, so I cleaned it out and wha-la.That was my job for the week. haha
I learned : YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO PUT THINGS AWAY IF THEIR "HOME" IS CLOSE TO THE PLACE THAT YOU USE THEM.  


(hope that makes sense!)  So your challenge for this week :  #1 Find an area of your house that is cluttered most often.  Figure out a way you can store those items close to that spot (because that is obviously the easiest place to leave them). #2 Make room for them in a cabinet or find a cute basket, box or bin .  Let me know if you find a solution for your cluttered area! Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I put most of our coloring/ craft supplies in some kitchen drawers. The stuff we don't use as often is a cupboard above the fridge! You are right, it's easier to get to and put away when it's close to where it's going to be used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...